Welcome to my blog

I will be adding and building up my blog with more content. Please help me by looking around my blog and clicking on my ads at the side and bottom of this blog. You will find some awesome free offers on this site.
And don't forget to leave your comments.

Thank you

Gary

Wednesday 13 June 2012

 How To Find Free Quality Software


The average internet user doesn’t believe you can find good free software online, and especially doesn’t want to waste too much time looking for it.
Not only are good free software products available online, it is also relatively easy to find if you know where to look. It is also important to know that these products are completely legal and offered as “freeware“. In simple terms, “free to use”.
As I have already said, good software is readily available and you can find software that is very diverse. As an example my wife and I are interested in the paranormal and performing paranormal investigations, so we decided to buy a digital voice recorder to try and catch ghostly voices. Once we had done some recordings we needed some audio software to allow us to analyse our recordings.
As a result following a quick and easy search I found an excellent piece of software called “Audacity” that I downloaded from a highly reputable website called “CNET”. As well as being able to download software totally free “CNET” also offers in most cases “Users reviews” and for the most popular software, “Editors reviews”. In all cases the software owner or publisher will give a description of what the software does. This is very important to the possible downloader as it allows himself to decide whether the software is suitable for his purposes.
I find “CNET” very easy to use because you can customise your search to find exactly what type of software you are looking for. As an example, let’s say for arguments sake you are looking for a piece of photo editing software.
You would go to the “CNET” homepage and click on download at the top middle of the page. Then click on the platform you are using. In this case “Windows Software”. Then scroll down the next page until on the left hand side you will see “Categories”. Under “Categories” you will see another sub-category called “Digital Photo Software”. When you move your cursor over “Digital Photo Software” another menu will appear, move the cursor over to “Photo Editing Software” and click. Finally on the left of the page you will see a square with “Free” next to it. Click on this and another page will be loaded listing all the free software for photo editing. Now choose the right one for you at your leisure. I would personally recommend “PixBuilder Studio” as it’s a favourite of mine and I use it to edit all of my photography because it offers a lot more features than the software that came with my camera.
“CNET” is the first place I go to when I want some good free software. And believe me, when I say that most of the free software programs are every bit as good as the full price software that is available. A very good example of this are “Anti Virus” programs. In my opinion there are at least two free programs that are better than the well known pricey “Anti Virus” programs. The first one is “Avast” which I currently use and would strongly recommend, and the second one is “AVG” which I know a lot of friends use and rate very highly also. Both programs are very popular downloads on “CNET” and very easy to find.
Finally. If you download some software for free that you particularly like, you can choose to make a donation to the software producer, as a thank you. This is  obligatory and is totally at your discretion.
Here are some programs that I’ve downloaded from “CNET” that I would recommend and are totally free.
Avast. Anti-Virus
Audacity. Audio Editing.
PixBuilder Studio. Photo Editing.
Free M4a to MP3 Converter. Rippers & Converting Software.
Yahoo Messenger. Chat.

Go here to find out for yourself.

CNET

Thanks to everyone for visiting my blog and I hope you find it useful. Please feel free to have a click around. If you have any questions about my blog or know of any other good download sites, please contact me or leave comments. I know there are other sites out there but I like “CNET” and want to help people find products that are good in quality and value.

No comments:

Post a Comment